We provide assistance to employers, both in ensuring that they meet their legal obligations to their employees, and in defending or negotiating and resolving claims made upon employers when it is alleged that the employer has failed to meet one or more of their obligations.
Similarly, we assist employees who consider that they have not been fairly treated by their employer, or where their employer has breached their legal obligations.
We are admitted in and can provide assistance in relation to issues arising in both Queensland and New South Wales.
Some key areas of practice include:
- Agreements employer and employee perspective
- Employment termination (from both the employer's & employee's perspectives);
- Claims, including Unfair Dismissal claims, by employees in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (for both Employer and Employee)
- Unpaid wages;
- Work place procedures that comply with the requirements of the Workplace Relations Act;
- Federal & State Awards enquiries
Workplace Health and Safety
- Employer's obligations to ensure the safety of their employees
- Representation of employers charged with criminal penalties or civil penalties for breach
- Insurance claims where employer did not have the relevant employee insurance cover
- assistance with determining who are 'employees' and who are 'subcontractors'
- preparation of contracts with subcontractors
- premium disputes with WorkCover
- objections to decisions by WorkCover to pay (or reject) employee claims